Swimming in New Orleans

aquacaeaquacae Sydney, AustraliaMember

Hi! I'll be at the American Heart Association meeting in New Orleans from 11 to 16 November and was wondering if anyone knows of any open water swim clubs or swim squads I could train with?
I'll be 4 months from Molokai Channel so need to keep up the training!
Thanks!

Comments

• timsroottimsroot Spring, TXCharter Member

I know that there are sometimes since groups that swim in Lake Pontchartrain, somewhere east of the causeway. There are concrete steps that allow access into the lake. I'd guess it's still pretty warm, too

• kejoycekejoyce New EnglandSenior Member

Bump! Heading to a conference in a couple weeks... Anyone with any current inside info? I am getting ready to cold-email a masters coach but looking at their website they recently required wetsuits for an outdoor pool practice so I'm not sure they're going to want to jump in the lake 😂

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member

@kejoyce said:
    Bump! Heading to a conference in a couple weeks... Anyone with any current inside info? I am getting ready to cold-email a masters coach but looking at their website they recently required wetsuits for an outdoor pool practice so I'm not sure they're going to want to jump in the lake 😂

Check out Riptide Masters in New Orleans. I believe they train at UNO and possibly Loyola.

kejoyce
  • kejoycekejoyce New EnglandSenior Member

Yeah I found their contact info and was going to message them... But then I got covid and had to cancel my trip 😫

Next time!

• Nooooooooo!