Choosing a North Channel Pilot

Hi all,

I'm in the process of choosing a pilot for the North Channel and I'd be keen to hear the thoughts of everyone here. I know it's difficult to ask for a recommendation as everyone's experience is personal. But I was hoping to get some views on their different styles and approaches, to work out which would be the best fit for me.

Thanks

Comments

• SwimBrothers1SwimBrothers1 Arizona, USAMember

Tough to give a complete answer to this question as there probably aren't a lot of people who have done NC with different pilots to compare. I can say that when I went with Padraig Mallon and Infinity Channel Swimming it was absolutely fantastic. Padraig was everything I could want in a captain: consistent and timely with communication before the swim, diligent in planning for the tides/conditions, and encouraging and supportive during the swim. He will give it to you straight! While I don't have experience with any of the other NC options I can say Padraig and Infinity are top notch all the way around.

StephenMvG
  • Thanks for the insight. I totally recognise that people won't have experiences with multiple pilots, I was hoping more for just a comment on the individual style of the pilot they went with. Really good to hear you had a good experience with Padraig. Certainly something to consider.

• StephenStephen UKMember

The Infinity crew are very professional, but they do run ribs so no toilets. Might want to consider if you have any ladies on your team.

• MvGMvG MauritiusCharter Member

Just to add that my experience with Quinton Nelson in 2013 was equally outstanding. Meticulous, conscientious a true gentleman.