Anne Arundel - ABC Breakfast Club?

Hello,
I am new to the group. I have heard about the Anne Arundel Breakfast (Swim) Club near Annapolis, MD. Anyone have any details or contacts you can provide about that club or regular open water swimming in that area?
Thanks,
Christina

Comments

• JBirrrdJBirrrd MarylandSenior Member

Hi Christina~
    Yes, Arundel Breakfast Club swims in different areas around Annapolis. Currently swimming at the Arundel Olympic Swim Center over on Riva Rd. https://www.aacounty.org/departments/recreation-parks/aquatics/aosc/
    Open water swims starting in a month or so. Shoot me your e-mail address in a private message and I can connect you w/ the woman who organizes those swims.

thelittlemerwookieJSwimCollege_Creek
  • EllisEllis Baltimore, MarylandMember

I swim with ABC. It's a great group. We typically swim about 2.25 miles every morning at 0600, a little later on weekends. On the lead-up the Bay Bridge or other big swims, there are typically a few doubles (about 4.5 mile) swims on weekends. We swim in the Magothy River, Severn River, South River, and the Chesapeake Bay.

JBirrrdIronMikeJSwimthelittlemerwookieCollege_Creek
  • College_CreekCollege_Creek AnnapolisNew Member

Hi I'm also new to the forums and very much interested in this group, are you still meeting on the open water or has COVID nixed your plans for the Summer?

JSwim
  • Nick_PNick_P PAMember

Would anyone you be doing any swims this summer?

• Nick_PNick_P PAMember

Would any of you folks be doing the MD freedom swim this May?

• murphyjskcmurphyjskc Baltimore, MD, USANew Member
    edited March 2022

Hiya, I've not swum with the ABC (live in Canton) but I'm doing MD Freedom, and hoping to make the Great Chesapeake lottery tomorrow.
    John M

Kari33
  • Nick_PNick_P PAMember

@murphyjskc said:
    Hiya, I've not swum with the ABC (live in Canton) but I'm doing MD Freedom, and hoping to make the Great Chesapeake lottery tomorrow.
    John M

…and the verdict is?

• BrandyBrBrandyBr Glen BurnieNew Member

Hi, I am interested in swimming with your group to get ready for the 4.4. I have swam with you years ago in 2014. I am currently swimming 2-3 days per week at North Arundel Swim Center. Looking forward to open water season.

• SsataSsata Connecticut New Member

I'm a longtime Cibbows participant, having grown up swimming in Long Island
    Sound. (I'm still out there, in the 62-degere water.) I'm considering living options in Maryland and wanted to know if there are late afternoon or evening swimmers. (I want to be honest; my last 5 am swim call was an Ederle many years ago.) What really is traffic like getting to the area beaches in the summer? I'm eager to hear from people who can offer advice -- here or offline. Thank you all so much.

BrandyBr