Forum's 8th Birthday + Member Promotions

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited March 2020 in General Discussion

On the occasion of the Marathon Swimmers Forum's eighth birthday, @thelittlemerwookie and I are pleased to announce the promotion of 23 members to the title of Senior Member, in appreciation of the consistency and quality of their contributions to this community's ongoing conversation. This is a somewhat rare occasion, as our previous Senior Member promotion was four years ago.

Congratulations and gratitude to: @abbygirlrose, @bluemermaid9, @BogdanZ, @bruno, @CathyInCA, @Copelj26, @curly, @flystorms, @gregorywannabe, @JSwim, @JustSwim, @Karl_Kingery, @Kate_Alexander, @kejoyce, @mjstaples, @MLamby, @MoCo, @molly1205, @owenswims93, @rlm, @smith, @Solo, and @swimrn62

To all members, Charter, Senior, or otherwise: Thank you for being here, and happy swimming!

slknightBogdanZCopelj26thelittlemerwookierlmLakeBaggerKate_AlexanderabbygirlroseKatieBunMoCoIronMikedanslosJSwimj9swimKarl_KingeryJustSwimflystormscurlyrxleakemSolodpm50gregocMLambyStLucia_Channelswimrn62gregorywannabeAnthonyMcCarley

Comments

• abeabe australiaMember

Congrats to senior members promotion - this sounds like a good goal to achieve can the above tell me is it easier to achieve senior member or a marathon swim.

On a serious side love all the advice as I enter the last 10 weeks of prep to a 21.5km swim which will be 6.5km more that my longest

miklcctevmothelittlemerwookieMLamby
  • Copelj26Copelj26 ChicagoSenior Member

Honored, thank you

evmothelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • BogdanZBogdanZ Bucharest, RomaniaSenior Member

Thank you @evmo.
    It is very motivational.

• Kate_AlexanderKate_Alexander Spring Lake, MichiganSenior Member

Oh my gosh. I am shocked to see my name on this list. And very deeply honored to be recognized. I greatly appreciate all the valuable posts on this forum that feed my love for our sport.

evmodanslosthelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • abbygirlroseabbygirlrose Los Angeles and Palo Alto, CASenior Member

Honored to be included!

evmomiklcctthelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • MoCoMoCo Worcester, MASenior Member

Wow, this is an unexpected honor! Thank you!

evmoDuganaddythelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • JSwimJSwim western Maryland, USSenior Member

What everyone else said. Surprised and honored!

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. --Neale Donald Walsch

• kejoycekejoyce New EnglandSenior Member

Whoa! I feel unworthy! But honored. Thanks <3

do i get a raise

evmoJSwimthelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • flystormsflystorms Memphis, TNSenior Member

Thank you for this. I fear I lurk more than I post, but appreciate this forum a lot for the great insight and support.

• Kate_AlexanderKate_Alexander Spring Lake, MichiganSenior Member

And, Happy Birthday! to the Charter Members for creating this wonderful forum and federation. 🥳🎂

evmoJSwimthelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • JustSwimJustSwim Senior Member

For once I don't mind being called a senior. :-) Thanks!

evmoJSwimKate_AlexanderthelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • curlycurly Issaquah, WASenior Member

@abe said:
    ... can the above tell me is it easier to achieve senior member or a marathon swim.

I can assure you that it is far easier to post a few nice words of encouragement every now and then, than it is to train and swim a marathon distance. (Although in my opinion, both are fun and achievable.)

I'm delighted to be included with all these other terrific contributors. I've really enjoyed participating in this site as it is one of the VERY few social media sites that I am involved with. I hope I've helped encourage others as much as this site has helped inspire me.

Thanks for the recognition.

evmokejoyceJSwimKatieBunKate_AlexanderSoloflystormsthelittlemerwookieMLambyakswimAnthonyMcCarleyBogdanZ
  • brunobruno Barcelona (Spain)Senior Member

Wow! Thank you very much, really honored.

• SoloSolo B.C. CanadaSenior Member

Wow I am honoured, and happy birthday! I can’t count how many times the amazing people on this forum have encouraged me, helped me stick to my training, provided support in myriad forms, and mentored me. Thanks to all of you, and to @evmo for starting MSF and maintaining it with the fierce passion that we have all come to respect.

Kate_AlexanderevmoKatieBunthelittlemerwookieMLambyAnthonyMcCarley
  • MLambyMLamby Senior Member

Wow, what an unexpected honor! I'm speechless...almost. ;) As a swimmer fairly new to the sport compared to the SO many accomplished, world class swimmers who contribute here, it truly is an honor to be accepted into your midst. Thank you so much. I sincerely appreciate this community and Happy Birthday to MSF!

Solokejoycerlmdpm50AnthonyMcCarley
  • CathyInCACathyInCA Martinez, CASenior Member

OMG! Sorry I'm so late at responding but this is totally unexpected. I know I'm a senior in age and take full advantage of the discounts but I am so honored to be a Senior Member here.

thelittlemerwookieKate_AlexanderSoloAnthonyMcCarleyCopelj26BogdanZ