Swims in North Carolina / South Carolina

MLambyMLamby Senior Member
edited February 2020 in General Discussion

Hello! Any suggestions for events in the North/South Carolina area in July? Planning a family vacation out that way and wouldn't mind getting a good, official swim in. We'll probably be staying in Myrtle Beach. All the best!

Comments

• bluemermaid9bluemermaid9 Boca Raton, FL, United StatesSenior Member

https://marathonswimmers.org/swim-calendars/dixie/

@MLamby -- Keep checking here. I update the Dixie calendar regularly. There are many swims that haven't posted 2020 dates yet. Cheers!

gregocthelittlemerwookieAnthonyMcCarleyMLamby
  • Tory1340Tory1340 Metrowest MANew Member

All I remember in Myrtle Beach is Golf everywhere and beach-wear on every block. Pawn shops too. I frolicked in the surf a bit, but had no plans for swimming for those few days.

MLamby
  • j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

There's really no official swims in July and August in the Carolina's. that I'm aware of Water gets pretty hot around here that time of year. Personally I go north.

MLamby
  • MLambyMLamby Senior Member

@j9swim said:
    There's really no official swims in July and August in the Carolina's. that I'm aware of Water gets pretty hot around here that time of year. Personally I go north.

Cool. I actually like the hot water. :) So, if we were maybe to hit something further north...on our way down to Myrtle Beach...would you have any suggestions? Our travel dates are pretty wide open throughout July, and we'll be driving so we can meander. :)

flystorms

I recommend you google ‘rays notebook’ for the shorter swims and the marathons available can be found on the MSF website.

MLamby
  • MLambyMLamby Senior Member

@j9swim said:
    I recommend you google ‘rays notebook’ for the shorter swims and the marathons available can be found on the MSF website.

Last question. Do you know anything about the Swim CB in Carolina Beach? I've tried to find info on it and there isn't anything. It's awfully short (1.5 miles) but it's only 2 hours from Myrtle Beach. All the best.

@MLamby no i don't, sorry.