Cindy Werhane swimming around Sauvie Island, Oregon

SpacemanspiffSpacemanspiff Dallas, TexasSenior Member
edited July 2019 in Cheering Section

I've never heard of it, either. But its on the Columbia River between Washington and Oregon, and its a hell of a long way (37 winding miles). I hope she has a current assist! You can see the track.rs feed here

"Lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have brought be down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead..."

Tagged:
AzskievmorlmFlowSwimmersSydneD

Comments

• curlycurly Issaquah, WASenior Member

Wow. Interesting swim. She'll get a little current help once she turns north. But it's a long haul any way you look at it. Go Cindy!

FlowSwimmers
  • rlmrlm Senior Member

Really positive and supportive coverage by KGW/NBC morning Portland broadcast crew!!! Hope she tries this again. Quite the adventure!!!

FlowSwimmers
  • SwimUpStreamSwimUpStream Portland Oregon Member

Thanks. It’s a swim I’ve dreamed about for 8-9 yrs and finally had the right people and experience to attempt it. We made it counter current all the way down the Multnomah Channel, through the Willamette and into the Columbia. I pulled myself for fatigue, exhaustion, pain, and cold. But I went farther and longer than ever before. I introduced the Island community to marathon swimming and they cheered from the shores, their floating homes, and their boats. My crew was exceptionally well rounded and engaged fully in our adventure. I couldn’t ask for a better attempt. I’m so happy with swim. Yes it would have been amazing to finish the loop, but this was a big jump for me and I had to try. I’ll never forget those 20 hrs swimming and my journey preparing for it.

Kevin78SydneDSoloSpacemanspiffKate_Alexandercurlyjendutphodgeszoho