NEKOWSA 2019 SWIMS

FilFil Derby, VTCharter Member
                                                      ![NEKOWSA]                                  (http://marathonswimmers.org/forum/uploads/imageupload/358/4EJ12YJGK7L0.jpg "NEKOWSA")

**Schedule of Swims in 2019
Hosted by Kingdom Games and NEKOWSA

REGISTRATION OPENS SEPTEMBER 1, 2018

 February 22, 23, and 24, 2019 – Memphremagog Winter Swim Festival – The only 25 meter winter swim pool cut in the ice in all of North America. 25 meter, 50 meter, 100 meter and 200 meter competitions, plus the fiercest of hat competitions. TOTALLY COLD

 June 29, 2019 – Son of a Swim – 10, 6, 4, and 2-mile courses. We crack open the summer swimming season with this swim from The Clubhous to and around our favorite islands.

 July 8 – 12, 2019 – Solo, individually supported swims – We pull out our wooden dory, Django, and accompany individual solo swimmers the 25-mile length of Lake Memphremagog, 16 miles to Skinner Island (and Smugglers Cave), 18 miles to Ile Ronde, or any distance on any other of our Legendary Lakes.

 July 16-18, 2019 – July In Search of Memphre – A 25-mile international swim between Newport, Vermont & Magog, Quebec. We leave at 2 am and swim 3 hours before the daylight arrives. We are now in our ninth year of the Search, promoting a more open border with our Canadian friends and searching for our swimmer friendly lake creature, Memphre. This is the third year of the July Search

 July 27, 2019 – Eleventh Annual Kingdom Swim – 25 km Border Buster, 10 mile, 10 km, 5km, and 1 mile courses for all ages, plus 1/4 mile and 100 yard courses just for kids. This is our Flagship swim. We celebrate the Heart of Summer in the Heart of the Kingdom. NO LANES – NO LINES – NO LIMITS

 July 30-August 7, 2019 – Solo individually supported swims – Any distance. Any lake.

 August 10-18, 2019 – Swim the Kingdom Week – 8 Lakes – 9 days – 46 Miles – 4 Marathons (swim one or all eight) – We added a Lake Willoughby Swim in 2010, Caspian in 2012, and all eight lakes in 2013. Magical and Restorative to spend a week swimming each morning in our lake region and exploring the Kingdom in the afternoons or just relaxing and enjoying the miracle of summer. Not a single turn buoy in the entire week. Shorter options are available for each swim, except Willoughby. Double crossing options are available on Massawippi and Willoughby.
 Crystal Swim – August 10, 2019 – 5 miles
 Island Pond Swim – August 11, 2019 – 4 miles
 Massawippi Swim – August 12, 2019 – 9 miles
 Seymour Swim – August 13, 2019 – 10 K
 Echo Swim – August 14, 2019 – 12 K
 Memphremagog Clubhous-Province Island Swim – August 15, 2019 – 10 K
 Willoughby 1 Mile – August 16, 2019 – 1 Mile – USMS National Championships
 Willoughby Swim – August 17, 2019 – 5 miles – USMS National Championships
 Caspian Swim – August 18, 2019– 3 mile and 1.5 Miles

 August 21-September 3, 2019 – Solo, individually supported swims – We’re back at it with Django. Any lake. Any distance.

 September 9 or 10, 2019 – September’s In Search of Memphre – 25-mile international swim – A second expeditionary swim, searching for our lake creature. On this one, we leave at midnight and swim through the night and into the morning and early or late afternoon

 October 26, 2019 – Vampire Swim Derby – a 25 to 100-meter costume swim in Lake Memphremagog as part of an international blood drive by cold water swimmers. Ve Vant your blood!

Registration opens Saturday, September 1, 2018 at:

www.kingdomgames.co

swimfreeordieMoCoFlowSwimmerstimsrootwendyv34MaryStellaminaGlobalSwimmerCopelj26

Comments

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

Anyone know approximately when Swim the Kingdom Week typically fills up?

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• I don't think there is particular time pressure, though you get a discount by signing up before January 1.

It's my impression that most of the individual swims do not reach their quota.

Fil (Phil White) is the person who can give you the best answer.

It's a beautiful part of the country. Also: ice cream.

• SwimUpStreamSwimUpStream Portland Oregon Member

wendyv34 said:
    Anyone know approximately when Swim the Kingdom Week typically fills up?

Wendy, just commit! You’ll love Swim the Kingdom Week. The only real decision is which Lakes to double!! I suggest Massawippi!

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member

@cwerhane It's not that I don't want to do it, it's scheduling around work. I'm not sure where I'll be assigned next summer and it's not very easy to take a couple of weeks off in the middle of August. I need to talk to my boss first to make sure my pool is covered.

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• FilFil Derby, VTCharter Member

Wendy, we're rounding up additional motor boat support for swim week to raise the caps to 30 or 40 swimmers for each lake (100 for Willoughby). The deadline for signing up is August 1, 2019. So you should have plenty of time to try to work out your vacation time off . Any questions about the week, just holler. - Fil

wendyv34
  • GlobalSwimmerGlobalSwimmer New York NYMember

Hi @Fil what's the water temp like for the Search of Memphre in July vs September? Any difference between both options, besides the splash time? Thank you!

• FilFil Derby, VTCharter Member

This year, September was 68 to 70 F July was 72-74 F

GlobalSwimmer