MADEIRA ISLAND INTERNACIONAL SWIM MARATHON (MIISM) - 28 October to 1 November

nitronitro Madeira IslandMember
edited August 2017 in Event Announcements

Dear Friends

From October 28th to November 1st, Madeira Island annually hosts the Madeira Island International Swim Marathon (MIISM), a sports initiative organized by the Funchal Naval Club, in partnership with the Madeira Swimming Association, aiming to attract an increasing number of “open water swimmers”.

Madeira Island - The Pearl of Atlantic

Video from past events

A wide range of leisure and sporting events will be held over the course of one week between the 9th to 15th of November, such as crossings between cities (Câmara de Lobos - Funchal; Santa Cruz – Machico); stand-up-paddle fun races, kids’ races, mountain bike rides and Jeep safaris, in addition to the official races to be held at Quinta Calaça bay.

These races are destined both for amateurs and professionals.

And what about swimming with Dolphins and Whales in Madeira ? :) :) :)

More information about this event

Clube Naval do Funchal

Email: quintacalaca@clubenavaldofunchal.com
Telephone: + 351 291 762 253

Tagged:

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

You have two date ranges in your post, Oct 28 - Nov 1, and 9-15 Nov. I think the former is correct, yes?

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Wow! 3 hour time limit for the 10K and 4:30 for the 13K. Too fast for me!

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• nitronitro Madeira IslandMember

Dear @IronMike thank you very much for your comments. The swimming events start 28 th and ends 1 st november. There are several competitions. After that you can participate in other range of events, like diving, stand up paddle, etc etc etc :) :) :) ... I will ask organization for more info regarding "entry times". Please just give me some time :) :) :) All the best my friend :)

IronMike
  • KatieBunKatieBun CornwallSenior Member

Love swimming in Madeira but too fast for me, too.

IronMike
  • nitronitro Madeira IslandMember
    edited September 2017

Dear Friends

Sorry the delay, but I was abroad ...

If in a near future you would like come to Madeira and take this challenge you can take other courses (eg. 4 kms).

In that case there is no problem regarding "entry time" .

You can always ask organization some like a "special treatment".

A friend last year spent more time than "entry time", and there was no problem.

Please see link:

http://www.clubenavaldofunchal.com/iv-madeira-island-international-swim-marathon-2017/

My blog and this Forum will provide more info regarding open water swimming in Madeira, Azores, and Portugal more often, from now on.

All the best my good friend !

Nuno

Jaimie