David Barra elected to Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited December 2016 in General Discussion

Hearty congratulations to original Forum member @david_barra who, it was just announced, will enter the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame as an Honour Swimmer in the Class of 2017. Quite appropriately, the MSF "Barra Award" was prominently listed among his qualifications on the ballot :P

Anyway, Dave has set a shining example through his swimming, community building, and humble demeanor that continues to inspire -- in all the right ways. Thanks for being here, DB.

Kate_Alexanderslknightssthomassuziedodsdc_in_sfloneswimmerSpacemanspiffJustSwimthelittlemerwookieKellieKarl_KingeryKatieBunrlmphodgeszohoSoloViveBeneJayrosemarymintpavlicovDanSimonelliIronMikeaafairmangregoclakespraySLSchneiderLeonard_Jansen

Comments

• ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber

So excited for Dave! I can't think of someone more deserving or who to better represent the marathon swimming community. Way to go Dave!

evmosuziedodsViveBeneDanSimonelliaafairman
  • ^:)^ =D> =D> and all sorts of other fun and happy emoji's.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. So happy for you!

ssthomasViveBeneDanSimonelli
  • DanSimonelliDanSimonelli San Diego CASenior Member

\m/

• Tracy_ClarkTracy_Clark Norwich, United Kingdom (from Auckland, New Zealand)Member

I was so thrilled to see this! Big congratulations David Barra. You helped make my Triple Crown dream come true this year!!

suziedods