2° Trophy Ksamil Island

Hanzo993Hanzo993 Barletta-Andria-TraniMember
edited October 2016 in Event Announcements

ALBANIA OPEN WATER SWIMMING - A.O.W.S. is pleased to present and to organize the 2° TROPHY KSAMIL ISLAND involving all swimmers and amateur athletes who practice this sport because they love the challenge themselves, and savor the feeling of being free swimming in the sea .

Ksamil is a common in southern Albania in the District of Saranda which will host the event.

The beaches of Ksamil are small but beautiful wet from a crystal clear sea.

The lengths of the race will be :

short race: 2000 m
classic race 4000 m
long race 6000 m.

The race course includes the departure from a beach of Ksamil until they reach the two islands that are located across the bay, until they return to the beach to start.

The two islands are called by the locals "Twin Islands" because they are joined together by a tongue of land, and the particularity of the race course will be to get to the two islands, rising out of the water on the small beach that emerges between the sea waves meet, and then dive again and swim towards the finish.

Some useful links:

http://albaniaopenwaterswim.wix.com/aows
https://www.facebook.com/albaniaopenwaterswimming.

It is a fantastic race in a beautiful place, highly recommended :)

imagephoto 14686122_849510471816905_45352573_n_zpslawvblf8.jpg" alt="" />

imagephoto 14699699_849522368482382_819727830_n_zpspe10wvxu.jpg" alt="" />

imagephoto 14696827_849523328482286_1186543133_n_zpsvim71gta.jpg" alt="" />

tortuga

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

That looks wonderful! I've done swims in lands where I don't speak the language. Can an English-speaker understand well enough to swim your long swim, @Hanzo993?

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• Hanzo993Hanzo993 Barletta-Andria-TraniMember
    edited October 2016

@IronMike Sorry for the delay of this reply, Yes an english speaker can understan very well the swimming rules, the organizers speak 3 languages (italian, english and albanian)

IronMike
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

I've been discussing this race (6K) with Sajmire. I think MSF members need to note that skins and wetsuits will be timed together.

Still may not prevent me from going as the race is in an interesting location, but just thought others thinking about it would want to know that detail.

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams