"Everyone thinks we're crazy"- the MSF t-shirt?

13»

Comments

• SpacemanspiffSpacemanspiff Dallas, TexasSenior Member

WarmWater said:

tortuga said:
    "prodesse quam conspici" is Latin for (roughly) "To accomplish rather than be conspicuous" or possibly "To accomplish inconspicuously."

That's good stuff.

I like that, to complete the theme, the key to life is achievement, not boasting about it; we are known by what we do rather than what we claim. Cool.

But it's not inconspicuous if it is on a T-shirt...

Chrisgreenephodgeszoho

"Lights go out and I can't be saved
    Tides that I tried to swim against
    Have brought be down upon my knees
    Oh I beg, I beg and plead..."

• dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Would love to see Niek's shirt design with white text on blue, long-sleeve--dare I suggest tech fabric? (Though that might be impractical if a lot of folks are ordering.) My dark colored shirts tend to stay fresh longer (or at least the stains don't show as quickly ha!).

• dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Exactly, @Niek !

• phodgeszohophodgeszoho UKSenior Member

I did this "Who Swims Wins" graphic ages ago. It is a play on the iconic SAS "Who Dares Wins" flying sword beret badge - The Flying Cup Cake ;-)

It has never been used but I feel it is aligned with the MSF concept and ideas, although I except it may be a bit irreverent in it's execution for some of the more serious minded swimmers.

But the cupcake aside I like the simplicity, and especially, the inclusiveness of "Who Swims Wins".

Final Concept Art

dpm50loneswimmerthelittlemerwookieNoelFigart
  • loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member

Marathon Swimmers: Proud Equipmentists

evmo

loneswimmer.com

• EllisEllis Baltimore, MarylandMember

Marathon Swimming: The lunatic fringe of the lunatic fringe.

curlytortugaSuddethB
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited October 2016

Q4 swag approaching. Any late-breaking slogan ideas?

This thread is now 115 comments... some good ones contained therein. My personal favorite is from @malinaka:

you fly
    i'll swim

pavlicovrlmtortuga
  • pavlicovpavlicov NYC USASenior Member
    edited October 2016

Swimmer = 30% of dry land and 70% of water happiness.

or just all the same font and it can be rather in 3 lines :

Swimmer

30% of dry-land

70% of water-happiness

evmo
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

I still like the "that's not fat, it's bioprene"

Francoevmowendyv34slknightflystormsCathyInCA

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

Anxiously awaiting Q4 swag. I got Christmas gifts to buy!

CathyInCA

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

The current status of Q4 swag is: "Canceled to to anemic sales and insufficient bandwidth." I want to be clear that this was my call, not @AnthonyMcCarley's - I'm very grateful for Anthony's work in getting Q1/2/3 swag launched. But it's still a lot of work for me personally, and I don't have the time. Sorry.

JSwimIronMikeViveBeneAnthonyMcCarley

evmo said:
    The current status of Q4 swag is: "Canceled to to anemic sales and insufficient bandwidth." I want to be clear that this was my call, not @AnthonyMcCarley's - I'm very grateful for Anthony's work in getting Q1/2/3 swag launched. But it's still a lot of work for me personally, and I don't have the time. Sorry.

Completely understand. When I'm back in the states I'll stand up and volunteer to take some (all?) of this off your shoulders.

ViveBene

• The hoodie -- my one indulgence, besides a year's worth of swim caps -- is very nice! I've worn it every day since it arrived, along Chicago's lakefront and up in the North Woods of NH, and I get about a comment a day. The logo is big enough to read, which invites questions and talk about swimming. Good job! Thanks to @AnthonyMcCarley and @evmo! I am so stylin' ...

evmossthomasAnthonyMcCarley
  • loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member

New MSF motto:

certain sections of social media networks have been casting aspersions

evmossthomasslknightIronMikemjstaplestimsrootphodgeszohorlmKatieBun

loneswimmer.com

Idea for future swag:

Custom Woven towels with the MSF logo. Apparently this company has a 24 towel minimum. Surely we can get orders for 24 beach towels?

ChrisgreeneLeslieSuddethB

• LeslieLeslie TexasMember

I'd buy one for sure!

IronMike said:
    Idea for future swag:

Custom Woven towels with the MSF logo. Apparently this company has a 24 towel minimum. Surely we can get orders for 24 beach towels?

IronMike
  • I caught the recent note about towels, and found it interesting. I'm also very interested in a cloisonne pin, or a small logo patch to add to a suit when I am out butterflying for distance. I freely admit I'm not doing marathon length OW fly YET. 10K a big line do get to in fly, and there are few marathon fliers.

• curlycurly Issaquah, WASenior Member
    edited January 2017

SuddethB said:
    ... and there are few marathon fliers.

This is where the "Everyone thinks we're crazy" line would be appropriate.