Marathon Swimming Movie: Wine Tasting & Fundraiser

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited August 2012 in Event Announcements
As some of you know, I've recently been involved in the making of an independent documentary film about marathon swimming. For several months, the filmmakers have followed three swimmers - Cherie Edborg, 13-year old Fiona Goh, and me - as they've prepared for swims across the Santa Barbara Channel.

The filmmakers are financing the production themselves, and it ain't cheap. So, this Thursday evening, there will be a wine tasting & fundraiser at Laguna Canyon Winery in Laguna Beach, California. The filmmakers will give a brief talk, answer questions, and show some preview clips.

Please come! Event tickets ($35) can be purchased HERE. More information on the film is HERE. If you cannot attend or live too far away, please consider supporting the film in other ways. Donations can be made via the PayPal link at the bottom of this page.

Thanks!

KJzzS.png

Comments

• ChickenOSeaChickenOSea Charter Member
    Sounds very very cool
  • That's great. I wish I could make it out there from Florida. I'll look to donate. Best of luck with the training!
  • heartheart San Francisco, CACharter Member
    Evan, will the film show in San Francisco?
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    Yeah! Is the film destined for DVD or online or will it be in theaters?

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited August 2012
    IronMike wrote:
    Yeah! Is the film destined for DVD or online or will it be in theaters?
    heart wrote:
    Evan, will the film show in San Francisco?
    The filming is still ongoing, so it's a ways off from those sorts of questions. But I would hazard a guess that the Santa Barbara International Film Festival is a likely first destination. After that it depends how it is received, etc.
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    That's great. I wish I could make it out there from Florida. I'll look to donate. Best of luck with the training!
    Thank you Manuel!
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member
    It seems that this would be a natural for the San Francisco Ocean Film Festival which is coincindentally accepting nominations for the 2013 festival right now.

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer