Q3 MSF Swag - shirts, v-necks, hoodies, stickers, magnets, swim caps!

AnthonyMcCarleyAnthonyMcCarley Berwyn, PACharter Member
edited September 2016 in General Discussion

Q3 Swag Announcement coming soon. In the meantime, this Saturday and Sunday, this MSF magnet will be traveling in five eastern US states. If you can prove you saw it, you get a free MSF hoodie.MSF MAG

Tagged:
evmoslknightJSwimssthomasgrappledunkrosemarymintChrisgreeneTheobluemermaid9gregocdpm50

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Not fair!!! ;)

bluemermaid9AnthonyMcCarleySolo

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

OMG, you're killing me. Did anyone see the magnet?

Also, when does Q3 start? Tired of waiting!

JenASoloevmobluemermaid9

• AnthonyMcCarleyAnthonyMcCarley Berwyn, PACharter Member
    edited February 2019

Okay, you all lobbied hard and I like to think we listened hard… and that everyone will be happy. (Who am I kidding?!)

Excited to announce a new line-up of SWAG for Q3!

The Q3 lineup includes:

• Men’s crew neck, short sleeve in Heather Kelly Green with Q3 series logos on the front and back.

• Women’s v-neck, short sleeve in Indigo with Q3 series logos on the front and back.

• Zippered American Apparel-brand hoodies, navy colored, with the MSF logo fashionably embroidered on the front.

• MSF magnets.

• MSF stickers.

A couple of important notes…

• Evan decided to up the shirt (and hoodie) quality this quarter, so they are slightly more expensive. Worth it.

• The stickers and magnets are 3” diameter. Seems right to me for the stickers. But on the small side for magnets – please be sure you know what you are ordering (see the photo above).

• Limited quantities of magnets and stickers - when the limit is met, they will no longer be available – order soon!

Ordering Window closes August 31st. Hope everyone is pleased with their shopping experience.

http://marathonswimmers.org/store/

BTW, sad to report that no one won the free hoodie Spot-the-Magnet contest. If you are the first person to correctly guess (here on the Forum) which five U.S. states the magnet has visited, you win a free magnet and sticker!

evmoloneswimmeremkhowleyJenAbluemermaid9gregocdpm50
  • JenAJenA Charter Member
    edited August 2016

Anthony/Evan: you make it too easy to say "Yes!" :-)

Do we have any more information on the stickers? Would they be suitable for a kayak?

The v-neck shirts say indigo but look grey?

• timsroottimsroot Spring, TXCharter Member

Are there tall sized shirts again this quarter? My torso is too long for regular sized shirts

• rosemarymintrosemarymint Charleston, SCCharter Member

Do you not have the 3xl option? I see it on the size chart, but not the ordering form.

I double checked and according to our supplier, it is indigo. “It is like a blue tinted grey.”

Not sure what more information I can supply for the stickers – yes, I believe they would work on a kayak.

I am sorry, but I made a mistake. I didn’t realize that American Apparel’s largest size is 2xl. I won’t make the same mistake next quarter. (Did I mention that all this is new to me?) Sorry!

I am checking on the tall option and will get back to everyone as soon as I know.

JenA
  • gregocgregoc Charter Member

@AnthonyMcCarley; PA, MD, DE, VA, NC?

AnthonyMcCarley

And we have a winner! @gregoc

(I will obviously have to make the contest more difficult next time.)

gregocdpm50

w00t!

• rosemarymintrosemarymint Charleston, SCCharter Member

@AnthonyMcCarley - Seems like @gregoc had an unfair advantage because he Facebook stalks you. And perhaps knows you too well. Perhaps consider this an assisted answer?

gregocAnthonyMcCarleyIronMikessthomasCathyInCA
  • gregocgregoc Charter Member

FB stalking sounds creepy. Is that a thing? While @AnthonyMcCarley did not tell me where his car had been, I do know what state he lives in and what state he has a summer home. There are 3 states in between adding up to 5. While no one touched me and I didn't get on the boat, I am OK with it being called assisted. I just would like everyone to acknowledge that I did not use a shark cage.

evmotimsrootpavlicovAnthonyMcCarleySoloLynnerosemarymintssthomasmsquyerdpm50

@gregoc - your logic is sound... but please note I wasn't in the car at the time. (Was in CA for a wedding.)

And just to let you all know what a jerk I am, I didn't tell the occupants of the car that they were participating in a contest - or that I even put the magnet on the car. Imagine what could have happened if someone had spotted the magnet!

I will acknowledge that you did win this contest without a shark cage... so long as you also claim a world record... and to be an Olympian.

gregocIronMikessthomasdpm50

Sorry, no tall option either this quarter. (So much for listening hard and making everyone happy.)

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited August 2016

@AnthonyMcCarley is taking too much blame here. I lobbied for American Apparel because I personally really like the AA garments I own, they are very high-quality, and I wanted to try it out with our MSF swag offerings.

It was not apparent until pretty far into the process (creating the order page), that 3XL and Tall were not offered by American Apparel.

To our 3XL and/or Tall customers, I apologize. We will make certain you have options for Q4.

Thanks @evmo , but when you delegate, you should be able to count on the person you delegate to. As I said at the beginning - this is not my area of expertise and there would be hiccups. This is my hiccup... but thanks for the coverage. This particular hiccup won't happen again... :)

IronMike

I'm not blaming anyone, tall sized shirts seem unfortunately hard to find. I'll be on the lookout for the 4Q stuff

AnthonyMcCarleyTheossthomas
  • Is there a problem with the checkout? I can't get past checkout or paypal - just the icon of a lock turning endlessly - thanks.

• dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Congrats, @gregoc ! I

And you didn't push anyone out of the way to get a view of the magnet, as far as I know! :)

....although I must check this forum more often, as I only just saw this thread after the contest was over.

Hopefully, there will be more such, so I'm keeping my eyes open....and training rigorously, using exercises like these...
    http://m.wikihow.com/Exercise-Your-Eyes
    ...while listening to an endless loop of the Rocky theme. :)

AnthonyMcCarley said:
    @gregoc - your logic is sound... but please note I wasn't in the car at the time. (Was in CA for a wedding.)

And just to let you all know what a jerk I am, I didn't tell the occupants of the car that they were participating in a contest - or that I even put the magnet on the car. Imagine what could have happened if someone had spotted the magnet!

I will acknowledge that you did win this contest without a shark cage... so long as you also claim a world record... and to be an Olympian.

AnthonyMcCarley
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

@Lynne said: Is there a problem with the checkout? I can't get past checkout or paypal - just the icon of a lock turning endlessly - thanks.

I don't think so, as we've had other successful orders. But if anyone has trouble with the checkout process just PM or email me, and I'll take care of it manually.

AnthonyMcCarley
  • @evmo sorry for the bother, works now. May have been that I was trying from my work pc ;)

AnthonyMcCarley
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited February 2019

Did we mention? Free shipping on stickers and magnets.

marathonswimmers.org/store

AnthonyMcCarleyIronMikessthomasCathyInCAbluemermaid9

Tick Tock... August 31 is coming. If you are in the northern hemisphere and want a MSF sweatshirt for the fall, you only have a couple of days left to order.

IronMikeevmoemkhowley
  • Sarah4140Sarah4140 DenverMember

Phew just made it! Can't wait to put the magnet on my car!

evmoAnthonyMcCarley

Today is the last day to order Q3 Swag. (Don’t know when sweatshirts will be offered again.) Sorry to sound like a grumpy old person, but an exception was made once and it became a time-consuming mess (yes, yes, there was a giant sucking sound).

So at the end of the day today (end of the day being determined by the international date line), Q3 ordering will have a wall built around it so we can focus on being sure everyone pays their “fair” share and that companies pay an exit tax.

(If my odd wording doesn’t make sense, please note that I live in a swing state. You see wonderful commercials and ads if you live in a swing state in the U.S.)

IronMikessthomasevmoJenA
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber

Grr...you twisted my arm. Sweatshirt ordered! :-)

evmoAnthonyMcCarley

AnthonyMcCarley said:

(If my odd wording doesn’t make sense, please note that I live in a swing state. You see wonderful commercials and ads if you live in a swing state in the U.S.)

Having grown up in Ohio, but now living in Texas without an active cable or satellite subscription, I do not miss political ads

AnthonyMcCarley
  • SydneDSydneD Senior Member

Okay, I missed the deadline---because I'm an idiot. I did an order first thing this morning and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will go through.

evmo

@SydneD, Happy to report that according to the app on my phone, you actually beat the International Date Line deadline by 40 minutes.

17 more minutes and the wall goes up!

pavlicovevmoSydneD
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited February 2019

Thank you to everyone who ordered Q3 swag! For the hoodies, crew tees, and v-necks, this will be another very limited edition. We just barely made the minimum order threshold. Instant collectibles!

The McCarley Wall has gone up on clothing. We do have remaining inventory of swim caps, stickers, and magnets, so if you need any of those, head on over to the Store page. When they're gone, they're gone.

A very special thank-you to @AnthonyMcCarley for spearheading this operation.

ssthomasJenAloneswimmerAnthonyMcCarleyLynnebluemermaid9SydneD
  • ChrisgreeneChrisgreene Mercersburg PA/Atlanta, GAMember

What ship date do you estimate?

• SydneDSydneD Senior Member

Yay! Thank you @AnthonyMcCarley ! Phew! What a relief!!! :)

AnthonyMcCarley
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member

My stickers and magnets showed up today :)

One of the magnets already has a place on the fridge:

WP_20160901_12_20_54_Rich

evmoAnthonyMcCarleymalinakawendyv34bluemermaid9SydneD

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

@Chrisgreene Some magnet and stickers have already shipped (evidenced by @dc_in_sf 's post above). Caps and recently ordered magnet and stickers will most likely ship next week. The clothing items will ship before the end of the month / quarter.

pavlicovChrisgreeneIronMike

I am embarrassed to say that apparently addressing envelopes is too much of a task for me. It was brought to my attention this evening that I messed up on the shipping for stickers and magnets for at least one person. If you don’t have your sticker and magnet order yet, please private message me. Sorry for the trouble.

Whew, that was close. The Q3 shirts and hoodies shipped today… the last day of Q3.

ViveBeneIronMike
  • bruckbruck San FranciscoMember

I've been seeing a few of the gold MSF caps around Aquatic Park. A nice reprieve from the standard-issue orange (Dolphin), yellow (SERC), and white (meh).

AnthonyMcCarley

I speak for all of us @AnthonyMcCarley when I say thanks for all you do to get us our swag!

JSwimAnthonyMcCarleyChrisgreeneJenA

Please don’t overlook all of @evmo’s work – he is the person who does the order screen programming, compiles the data, manages paypal, makes all the executive decisions, etc., etc., etc. In fact, he deserves credit for all of the work related to the caps.

I received my hoodies and shirts today – so everyone should be receiving their shipments soon.

Any color suggestions for Q4?

IronMikeloneswimmerJenA
  • ChrisgreeneChrisgreene Mercersburg PA/Atlanta, GAMember

I got my hoodie and shirt today! Not sure if I accidentally ordered an L instead of XL for the shir or if they sent the wrong size, but i can make it work. Nevertheless, like the Q3 color, and will wear the hood ie this weekend at the Suck!

Black t-shirt. Navy blue polo. Baseball cap with embroidered logo. Just some ideas.

Can't wait to get my stuff. And thanks too to @evmo!

• loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member

@AnthonyMcCarley , my requests:
    1. Enamel Pin/Badge
    2. Sew-on badge/patch
    3. Car window sticker (the type applied from the inside)
    4. Enamel Pin/Badge. Yes, I repeated that one.

IronMike

loneswimmer.com

loneswimmer said:
    3. Car window sticker (the type applied from the inside)

You don't sound very committed to me. :)

• loneswimmerloneswimmer IrelandCharter Member

@AnthonyMcCarley I live in a country with a high level of rain (and mud). Lessons have been learned.

Last night the weather forecast was differentiating between meandering, incessant and simply heavy rain belts.

loneswimmer.com

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited October 2016

Chrisgreene said: Not sure if I accidentally ordered an L instead of XL for the shirt or if they sent the wrong size, but i can make it work. Nevertheless, like the Q3 color, and will wear the hood ie this weekend at the Suck!

You ordered a large, so they sent the size you ordered. Glad you can make it work though! Take good care of it -- it's one of only 12 ever to be made.

If anyone else has a non-public relevant issue (or perceived issue) with their order, please message me and/or Anthony off-forum. Thanks!

w00t! Got my hoodies and t-shirt!