Howard James - earliest English Channel crossing

JbetleyJbetley UKMember
edited June 2016 in Cheering Section

Howard James about to land on the Cap after approx 13 hours in the EC at 11-12C. (Low 50's in the US)

Tagged:
ZoeSadlergregocAnthonyMcCarleyJenAIronMikeSolowendyv34mpfmarkSpacemanspiffdpm50phodgeszohotortugaJulielees

Comments

• ZoeSadlerZoeSadler Charter Member
    edited May 2016

Unofficial reports are that he landed in 13 hours 13 minutes.

The previous record for the earliest swim of the year was set on 29th May 1990.

What an outstanding achievement!

gregocAnthonyMcCarleypavlicovJenAIronMikeJimBoucherNoelFigartmpfmarkjendutSpacemanspifflakesprayphodgeszohotortugadaveyswimsDennisJulielees
  • mpfmarkmpfmark Teesside England Charter Member
    edited May 2016

NOW HEAR THIS

NOW HEAR THIS

Howard James previously known as Howard Keech (EC and NC swimmer) one of the most understated blokes who never shouts his successes but achieves regardless, usually under the radar, is now THE NEW record holder for the EARLIEST English Channel Swim…congratulations 13 hours 13 minutes TBC

The previous record was held by THE KING himself Kevin Murphy who swam on 29 May 1990.

I am sure he would agree with me saying the following..

IF YOU THINK THIS IS AMAZING THEN PLEASE PLEASE SUPPORT HIS WIFE, ESMARI JAMES BY READING THEIR TRAGIC STORY AND BY PURCHASING THE TRACK TO BE RELEASED IN MEMORY OF THIER BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER..

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

https://www.facebook.com/ehjrecords/?pnef=story

Dennis
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited October 2016

Beware of loud techno music, but otherwise some great footage of an impressive 13-hour swim in 54F/12C water.

dpm50SpacemanspiffrosemarymintnabilradKelliephodgeszohoLynnepavlicovDennisDanSimonellirlm
  • LynneLynne Member

what a powerful, consistent stroke...sigh

• Howard puts his head down and gets on with the job in hand. Encourages others in a understated way.

JaimieDanSimonelliJulielees
  • And I believe he just did the latest EC crossing.. rather quickly as well.

DanSimonelli
  • JustSwimJustSwim Senior Member

His unofficial time is 11:38. Air temperature 3C and water 14.4C.

• English channel season closed.
    ( i hope)

JaimieevmoSoloHelbejendutKelliebluemermaid9aafairmanJulielees
  • JaimieJaimie NYCMem​ber

This is just crazy to me, congratulations @Howard13 and much respect!

• Thankyou......

Feel lost lol have to go straight home do not pass pool do not collect trunks do not look at sea
    Lololololololol

ssthomasbluemermaid9loneswimmerkejoycesuziedodsJulielees