The Forum's 4th Anniversary -- plus new member titles

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited March 2016 in Admin Communications

March 12 marks four years of the Forum gracing the interwebs! Thanks to everyone who has kept the the conversation going.

In appreciation of our longest-standing and most consistently-contributing members, we're making a couple changes to the structure of member titles ("Member," "New Member," "Charter Member," etc.).

First, we're expanding the Charter Membership to include everyone who joined within the first month of the Forum's launch AND who have made at least 50 total comments. These new Charter Members are:

Second, we created a new title, Senior Member, to recognize anyone who joined after the Charter Member deadline, but who has generated a total of at least 100 comments plus likes-from-others. The new Senior Members are:

While we won't be expanding the Charter Membership further, we will promote anyone who reaches the 100 comment+like threshold, to Senior Member.

Cheers to all! Thanks for being here.

DanSimonellidpm50AnthonyMcCarleyIronMikeNoelFigartJenAdavid_barrarosemarymintloneswimmersuziedodsSpacemanspiffbluemermaid9CamilleSydneDHelbeSoloLouisetimsroot

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Happy anniversary!

evmo

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• tortugatortuga Senior Member

First time I received official recognition for verbosity.

mjstaplessuziedodsdpm50evmoNoelFigartmsathlete
  • suziedodssuziedods Mem​ber

Year's off to a big bang! Life membership at Dolphin Club AND charter member of MSF!
    'Pats self on back'

dpm50gregocevmorosemarymintJenAChrisgreeneCamilleloneswimmertortugaSharko
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Wow, senior member?! And here I was the new kid on the block only a short time ago! :)

evmo
  • pavlicovpavlicov NYC USASenior Member

Are you sure I posted 100 comments? If I did, I am sorry everyone ... 95% of them were likely useless.

Thanks for the recognition and especially thanks everyone for the great advice i received from other forum members. It is my favorite forum to read! Happy Birthday!

evmorosemarymintChrisgreeneLouise
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin

@pavlicov said: Are you sure I posted 100 comments?

To clarify... there are two ways to earn "points" toward Senior Member status: comments, and likes-by-others on your comments. If the sum is more than 100 --> Senior Member!

pavlicovdpm50
  • pavlicovpavlicov NYC USASenior Member

Thank you for clarifying! I was horrified that I could have potentially made 100 comments because I really should be just reading comments of others. I feel much better now.

Of course with this 'another' comment, I am not really making my point either. I shut up now and let the real masters speak.

Thank you for letting me be part of this forum awesomeness.

evmo said:

@pavlicov said: Are you sure I posted 100 comments?

To clarify... there are two ways to earn "points" toward Senior Member status: comments, and likes-by-others on your comments. If the sum is more than 100 --> Senior Member!

evmo

I'm not sure how many comments I made or how useful any were, but I'm grateful for the likes, suggesting that at least some were sufficiently entertaining, thoughtful or otherwise of interest. I lack the experience to offer substantive advice, but Im glad if I can offer applause for the amazing things people on this forum have achieved as I set my own much more modest goals. I'm honored that you've welcomed me into your conversation and wish you a happy anniversary -- and many more!

loneswimmerevmo
  • Happy Birthday to my newest obsession on the internet. MSF you have provided me with so much more than entertaining animal videos ;)

I so glad to have found this group, thank you to all the great swimmers who provide support, knowledge, and insight into this great sport!

loneswimmerevmoKate_AlexanderCathyInCA
  • SydneDSydneD Senior Member

So excited to be a Senior Member!
    And feel so lucky to have this wonderful community of like-minded folks to learn from, share stories with, and who inspire me every single day.
    Thank you, thank you everyone!! :)

dpm50
    edited March 2016

Yowza!

I've been quite the chatterbox!

R4atio of likes to total comments is, at least, encouraging. :) ...thanks, fellow members!

Niek said:

dpm50 said:
    I'm not sure how many comments I made or how useful any were, but I'm grateful for the likes

That's easy.

Click on your name to see your profile.

At the top:

Name dpm50, Location PA, U.S., Email *******, Joined November 2014
    Visits 1,297 etc. ....

You got 193 points/likes

At the right under your picture:

You started 3 discussions and made 268 comments

• SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest

Sharko feels very special...Two fins up!!! Who is this Sharko anyway....by the way we had a nice showing for our long distance swimming discussion on Saturday...looks like our sport is growing!!!

gregocevmoAnthonyMcCarleyj9swimrosemarymintCathyInCA

"I never met a shark I didn't like"

• ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber

Crazy I haven't commented more than 50 times.... feels like I'm on here every day, multiple times a day!

evmo
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2016
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber

Whew! I feel much better now! I was worried I'd lost my status due to lack of participation. :-)

evmo
  • j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

wow - i never thought as the slow girl in the slow lane i would be part of this community but i should have known better. this is an amazing group of people who support each other dreams, always encouraging, sharing knowledge and experiences. i'm so happy i stumbled into this corner of the world. a big thanks to all y'all !!!

i live in SC now trying out new waters and new contractions:)

MaryStellatortugadpm50AnthonyMcCarley
  • LouiseLouise central PennsylvaniaMember

Happy Anniversary!!! love the forum - guess I gotta start posting more! cheers all

dpm50Solo
    edited May 2016

Ah, yes! One of my real-time swim buddies! :) @Louise is an awesome swimmer and an awesome human being!

Louise said:
    Happy Anniversary!!! love the forum - guess I gotta start posting more! cheers all

You're way past slow girl in slow lane--that would be me! :)

j9swim said:
    wow - i never thought as the slow girl in the slow lane i would be part of this community but i should have known better. this is an amazing group of people who support each other dreams, always encouraging, sharing knowledge and experiences. i'm so happy i stumbled into this corner of the world. a big thanks to all y'all !!!

i live in SC now trying out new waters and new contractions:)