MIMS Relay Questions

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
This discussion was created from comments split from: MIMS Application Questions.
Tagged:

Comments

• suziedodssuziedods Mem​ber
    I have two friends who are trying to get information about relays. They have made multiple calls, at all hours of the day and multiple emails and have received NO , none, zip, zero ,nada response. Any tips?
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure who is reading / answering the inquiries these days, but I assume that when Morty has information to release, it will be on the website. Possibly they are still working out some details.
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2015
    Niek wrote: »
    shouldn't all the answers be found on THEIR website?

Not if the answers haven't been determined yet.

Or at least be answered by them if asked by email?

If just @suziedods' friends are making multiple calls at all hours of the day and sending multiple emails, then I would imagine, extrapolated to the entire world of people who want to swim these events, they are receiving quite a lot of inquiries.

All I'm saying is calling over and over again, emailing over and over again, is kind of pointless. When the answers are determined, I'm sure he will post them on the website.

Just my interpretation/opinion.
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited March 2015
    Even a standard reply with something like: "Here's our FAQ page link and we'll answer any unanswered questions after the (date)." would reassure people like @suziedods' friends and reduce the irritation they now have.

Agreed. But again -- if there were answers to these questions, they would probably be on the website already. I would guess, bombarding them with emails and phone calls is not going to make this happen sooner.

If he doesn't have things worked out yet( a frightening thought) then all he has to do is post on the site something to the effect of " Details TBD. It would assuage alot of concerns as well. Or perhaps he could answer the calls and emails?

Dukemauprieto
  • DukeDuke Member

Normally, these kind of events are scheduled years in advance. Some of us have to travel great distance and pay lots of money to participate in this event. Did I mention we have other plans that are pending because we don't have a date for the MIMS relay? I consider myself a patient person. This registration and follow up for the MIMS 2015 relay has been very frustrating for myself and my fellow teammates. Ugh!

• DukeDuke Member

I forgot to add...this doesn't make any sense why the MIMS Foundation/NYC Swim cannot provide dates, etc.

• DukeDuke Member

Hello! Can anyone tell me when they think the MIMS organizers will be able to provide date for 2015 MIMS relay swim? Myself and my teammates Summer calendar is filling up pretty quick. Thanks!

• DukeDuke Member

When did the relay teams for 2014 MIMS relays get date from MIMS organizers?

• j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

I did the MIMS relay in 2013 and we submitted and were approved in December 2012. I'm going to guess this response is not what you wanted to hear. Sorry but I have no further information on the relay.

I am getting calls from all over the country asking about the non-responsiveness of NYCSwim. Multiple people have left msgs and emails about trying to find out WHEN their date is or IF they have a date. If one needs to book flights, hotel rooms, ask for time off work to not respond AT ALL makes all that very difficult if not impossible. If NYC Swim doesn't know the specific date, fine.. but it is common courtesy to respond to questions.AND , one can always update a website with general answers.
    Has anyone actually seen MB recently?

• EricEric Member
    edited April 2015

suziedods said:
    I am getting calls from all over the country asking about the non-responsiveness of NYCSwim.

I'm confused. Why would people call you, to get information about NYC Swim?

• HelbeHelbe Senior Member

According to the website schedule... Mims relay enrollments opened on 1 Feb and closed 15 March. No relay entries are showing on the list of swimmers.

The 2015 enrolment announcement states that date assignments should be complete by 15 March, but there are quite a number still pending. As far as I can recall, no changes have been made to the swimmer assignments in the last couple of months at least.

No other NYC swim dates have been announced.

With just 6 weeks to my MIMS swim and having already spent a shed load of money on flights and accommodation and the swim fees, I am seriously concerned that this event is in trouble. Still no replies to any emails. Where are the NYC Swim Team? Surely this whole thing is not run by just one man? Is Morty still on the planet? The 'prospective boat fee' is due to be taken from my credit card any time now we're in the 45 day period before the swim. Seriously seriously concerned.

@Eric, people call me because I have attempted this swim twice, I have crewed 4 times and I respond to both emails and phone calls. I even write real letters.

• DukeDuke Member

Thanks everyone. I thought I was alone. Duke/SF Dolphin Club

• DukeDuke Member

Is there an application fee for MIMS relays? Before or after approval?
    Thanks!

• DukeDuke Member

Hello! Still haven't heard from Morty Burger regarding MIMS relay. Does anyone knows what's happening? Thanks!