Next time you think your swim is tough

timsroottimsroot Spring, TXCharter Member
edited June 2012 in General Discussion

Was posted in a reddit thread yesterday. This guy finished the Chesapeake Bay swim last weekend. I found the video incredible.

Comments

• rosemarymintrosemarymint Charleston, SCCharter Member
    I'm SO glad to see he finally finished GCBS! He had to be pulled last year due to the storm. He was almost to the other side too!
  • nvr2latenvr2late Central VirginiaCharter Member
    Thanks for posting! I was there and I knew that he was making an attempt, so glad to know the outcome!
  • Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
    Thanks for that. I was hoping he'd do it.
    Craig is a local and I met him a few months ago while training at the Y in Harrisburg. When I saw him get in the pool and start training, I actually stopped my workout (something I never do) to watch. He was awesome and in speaking to him later, one of the nicest guys you could ever meet to boot. I decided right then and there that he was my STDPS (Short Term Duration Personal Savior) for this year for when things get ugly in races - if he can do it and smile, I have no reason to whine.

-LBJ

“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” - Oscar Wilde

• ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Fantastic! Well done Craig. Nearly everyone else in the world can't swim 2 miles and you can.
  • GordsGords Syracuse, UTCharter Member
    Hero! I saw this vid a while ago and remember tearing up seeing the can-do attitude Craig has. I'm excited to meet him at the OW Safety Conference in September.
  • heartheart San Francisco, CACharter Member
    That is absolutely terrific. Thank you for posting. Congrats Craig for a great swim!