The Debate Over Running While High, For Ultramarathon Runners, Marijuana Has Enormous Benefits

lakespraylakespray Senior Member
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
"The painkilling and nausea-reducing benefits of marijuana may make it especially tempting to ultramarathoners, who compete in races that can go far longer—and be much more withering—than the 26.2 miles of a marathon. Ultramarathon is one of the fastest-growing endurance sports; there were almost 1,300 races in the U.S. and Canada in 2014, up from 293 in 2004, according to UltraRunning Magazine."

So as a Colorado guy I feel obliged to post this ;-) But nausea reducing, I'm thinking some of us might find that helpful, anyway discuss.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-debate-over-running-while-high-1423500590

Comments

• david_barradavid_barra NYCharter Member
    edited February 2015
    I read on a blog somewhere while outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States that: The “nausea reducing” qualities are also desirable for activities like surfing, skiing and yoga.
    lakespraySpacemanspiffgnome4766

...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited February 2015
    It would interesting to watch someone try to smoke a joint while treading water in the ocean. Even better with wind & chop. But maybe I'm overthinking it. Special brownies, anyone??
    tortugaTimDex
  • david_barradavid_barra NYCharter Member
    Vape would work..... So I've heard
    BrendantortugaTimDex

...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• lakespraylakespray Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    evmo wrote: »
    It would interesting to watch someone try to smoke a joint while treading water in the ocean. Even better with wind & chop. But maybe I'm overthinking it. Special brownies, anyone??
    You could mix a tincture into your Maxim. Not that it's anything I would advocate.

tortuga
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber
    edited February 2015
    @evmo- I think you need a trip to Colorado. There are SO MANY different ways to get marijuana into your system these days. Joints are SO 1990s. :-)
    BrendanevmotortugaTimDex
  • swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member
    I drank one of my kayaker's beers with a mile to go in the 1999 Key West swim. I was safely in third place and completely shredded from the hot water. I was instantly blasted I experienced first-hand the lyrics to Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" without the comfort. It took about 5 minutes to realize that I had made a poor choice of what to feed with. Swimming naked is another poor in-race decision, but I digress. I've never been "baked" wet or dry, so I can't comment to the benefits of a bowl of Peruvian North-Slope Sinsemilla. I can comment that swimming under the influence wasn't for me. Don't judge me for shot-gunning a Bud tall-boy in the middle of a swim. It was for science and the furtherance of our sport.
    tortugaflystorms
  • NoelFigartNoelFigart Lebanon, NHSenior Member
    swimmer25k wrote: »
    I've never been "baked" wet or dry, so I can't comment to the benefits of a bowl of Peruvian North-Slope Sinsemilla.

Quoth my son-of-a-DEA-agent husband, "That seems oddly specific."

swimmer25k
  • swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member
    NoelFigart wrote: »
    swimmer25k wrote: »
    I've never been "baked" wet or dry, so I can't comment to the benefits of a bowl of Peruvian North-Slope Sinsemilla.

Quoth my son-of-a-DEA-agent husband, "That seems oddly specific."

If you only knew. :>
    NoelFigart