Dragging incidentals along when I swim in the ocean

2»

Comments

• flystormsflystorms Memphis, TNSenior Member
    Maybe you could install a bottle opener on the back side of this thing with a small bag to catch the lids? Hmmm... glad to hear you have better taste and used the Coors in a pinch. :)
  • SydneDSydneD Senior Member
    I just got back from Spain, after doing the Lake Zurich Marathon Swim, and on the Costa Brava, I saw this. I think the cat is a lifeguard. Or maybe it's the dog, who was wearing water wings as the owner swam along with his snorkel.

Note: None were wearing wetsuits.

PP7YAF11QESY.jpg
    malinakacynswims
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    emkhowley wrote:
    Ok, @evmo, here's where I lose all street cred as a craft beer aficionado. They were *gasp* Coors Light cans. The only cans we had on hand.

Coors Light on hand?!?! If you really were a craft beer aficionado, you'd never have that "beer" on hand! ;)

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• tortugatortuga Senior Member
    Niek wrote:
    I've drawn how I thought the elastic net should be positioned .
    This way there is no extra drag and the drinks are easy to get and the bottles could be filled 100%
    0672f18b42859c17b16bd965401ae7.jpg

I use this same bouy and just caribener clip my water bottle to the tether at the bouy. Can't feel any more drag.

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    @tortuga, I swear someone designed a buoy like that and blogged about it maybe two, three years ago? @AquaRob maybe? @WaterGirl? I can't remember who. They had some problems with it flipping around with the bottles ending up on the bottom creating drag.

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• tortugatortuga Senior Member
    IronMike wrote:
    @tortuga, I swear someone designed a buoy like that and blogged about it maybe two, three years ago? @AquaRob maybe? @WaterGirl? I can't remember who. They had some problems with it flipping around with the bottles ending up on the bottom creating drag.

A little drag increases the efficacy of the training session ;o)

• Resurrecting this thread because im showing off that I use the search function. A toe float has been mandated at my 17KM swim this year. Ive never swam with one before so im looking for the smallest/most non-evasive one out there. I will be swimming alongside a kayaker so visibility isn’t at the top of my list. Anyone got any suggestions? Many thanks

evmo
  • curlycurly Issaquah, WASenior Member

I wonder if the organizer has a specific requirement that must be met. If you wanted minimal drag you could use a fishing float attached with some monofilament. But that might not meet the requirements.

• malinakamalinaka Seattle, WACharter Member

Out of curiosity, what swim @sam?

ssthomas

I don't wear a wetsuit; it gives the ocean a sporting chance.