SA swimmers take on Antarctic ice mile challenge

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• jcmalickjcmalick Wilmington, DEMember
    This is legendary and I wish all of them the warmest and most sincere wishes for a successful journey firstly to get to the white continent and then cooperative conditions to allow for the big swim! As an Ice Swimmer, this is the pinnacle or Mount Everest of our crazy ambition so to vicariously live such an amazing undertaking will only add to the burning fire of one day making my own trip south to Antarctica! To follow best is to like the SA Team Extreme Cold Swimmer Challenges page on facebook and if you haven't seen it, their latest training session in -2.0 C (28 F...which is unfathomable as my lowest is still in the 30s at 32 and my ice mile was at a balmy 38!) Here's the vid for all those looking for ice swimming inspiration and a little nutsy comedy! Best wishes Team South Africa!

• Leonard_JansenLeonard_Jansen Charter Member
    Best of luck guys!

I sincerely hope that the male team members (no pun intended) have had all the children that they hope to have. If not, the best they can hope for in the future is that the kid will come out looking like Frosty the Snowman. At worst... well, if something is cold enough, it can shatter with just a slight bump.

-LBJ

“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.” - Oscar Wilde