Suunto Ambit3 Peak HR

mpfmarkmpfmark Teesside England Charter Member
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Been fortunate enough to acquire the new Suunto watch it is totally awesome will write a full review soon. 857N76G1H6FU.jpg

- Buy on Amazon

Comments

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    For $550, it had better be awesome!

Here's a review by DC Rainmaker:
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/07/suunto-ambit3-multisport.html
    phodgeszoho
  • mpfmarkmpfmark Teesside England Charter Member
  • Looks great but also way to complicated for me!
  • New to MSF, and wanted to post a new discussion on the BEST GPS WATCH for open water swimming. Maybe we can pick it up here?
    yeah why not. I've used this for gps tracking it is awesome
  • Kevin_in_MDKevin_in_MD Senior Member
    If you only need open water tracking, the garmin 310 at about $130 is the best out there.

If you want to use it for indoors as well, the garmin 910 is a pretty good value right now since the 920 just came out.

Be aware that all gps swim watches have a pretty big amount of error in them. Every stroke the watch loses gps lock and has to establish a half-lock every time your hand comes up and then as to kinda put it all together.

first proper swim outside yesterday (rather delayed) with some testing of the Ambit3. very happy. wrote it up on the blog

• pavlicovpavlicov NYC USASenior Member

Hi, is there a substantial difference between Suunto Ambit3 Peak and Suunto Ambit3 Sport ? I have an option to buy one with substantial discount but cannot decide which one is better for swimming. I have currently Suunto Ambit2 S and I am happy with it but would like to upgrade.

• manumanu Member

Hi, the battery life is longer (up to 30 hours gps mode) on the peak version than on the sport model (15 hours max).

mpfmark

thanks Manu