Horsetooth 10K ... am I now a fledgling marathon swimmer?

TimDexTimDex Member
edited August 2014 in Swim Reports
I swam Horsetooth this past weekend.
I have a tumblr blog where I wrote up the swim:

Part I
Part II

Be aware, all my followers on tumblr are runners, bikers or tri-ers and some pool rats. The thought of having to swim anything more than 2.4 miles is completely alien to them. To their immense credit, they gave me so much encouragement and support, even though they think I'm completely stark raving bonkers.

In spite of what I thought was a 'rough' swim, Im now completely hooked. StS can not come soon enough :)
Thanks for reading.
mhull61bluemermaid9phodgeszoho

Comments

• wendyv34wendyv34 Vashon, WASenior Member
    Way to go!

I did my first 10K this summer too.

It's a great feeling, accomplishing what you've worked hard for....then planning for the next big adventure!

It's always a bad hair day when you work at a pool.

• lakespraylakespray Senior Member
    edited August 2014
    Congratulations and yes you are now a marathon swimmer. FYI - especially since you come from a triathlon background and are a blog writer, never forget to mention you did it without a wetsuit, that's a requirement. In fact you should mention it several times ;)
    dpm50
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber
    Horsetooth is the best gateway drug out there. For so many people it was their first marathon swim- and then they go on for more! :-)

Congrats, Tim. Say hi if you see us at Chatfield- I'd love to meet you in person, and see what we can do to corrupt you even more!
    dpm50
  • JBirrrdJBirrrd MarylandSenior Member
    Corruption by Queen of the Lake Doubles...That is an offer you cannot refuse.
    Congrats @TimDex & @wendyv34 on your first marathon swims!!! Sounds like you are both hooked. It is a slippery slope now. Have fun w/ it :-)
    dpm50