Idaho Swimmers ?

MoosieMoosie Member
edited June 2014 in Event Announcements
So, I'm new to the forums. I haven't posed in the "welcome" forum so I'll say Hi here !!

[group] HI MOOSIE [/group]

[ME] HI You crazy Swimmers !!! [/ME]

HAHA !!! At any rate, I have a swim in Idaho that I thought might be interesting to some in this group. I'm assuming plugging a swim is OK ? Finding Long distance open water swimmers in Idaho has been interesting. It's an 11 Mile swim. Aug 1st 2014 is the date. No, you don't need a Igloo to stay at or a Ice breaker ship to participate. The water is actually warm and usually no one wears a wet suit..... but, it's 11 miles !!

Still interested ? http://www.thegreatmoosemigration.com

Tagged:

Comments

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited June 2014
    Looks like an awesome swim, in an area lacking many organized open water opportunities. Good luck!
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    Looks like a nice swim. Too bad you have to be exactly 18 years old to swim it. From the website:
    You must be 18 Y/O to participate.

;)

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• lakespraylakespray Senior Member
    Like to make this but MIMS used up my travel money. Hopefully this will become an annual event as my sister lives in Nampa and I can get a swim and a visit for the price of one :)
  • MoosieMoosie Member
    IronMike, We like to be specific on the age.....18 or an even number in age. 20,22,24 and so forth. It's structured and organized *wink*

I'm not sure what it is about distance swimmers but I've had more corrections on spelling from Emails than I've had questions about swimming. I'm just glad your not taking you're spelling serious on "this" page.

Lakespray, It's a yearly event. This is our 3rd year doing it. It's getting to be a large event. First year we had 6 swimmers, 2nd year we had 6 swimmers (Me and 5 new people) and this year we have 6 signed up. HUGE I tell ya. Lakespray, I'll make you a deal. You come down, Visit your Sister, and I'll let you swim the event for Free. I'm all about an excuse for people to visit family members. What cha say ?

I'm not superstitious or anything but if only 6 swim this year it will be the last year for it.
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member
    @Moosie just curious, is the Friday schedule to avoid boat traffic on the weekend or some other reason?

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

• MoosieMoosie Member
    That's exactly why. I've had multiple people ask to move it to Saturday or Sunday but the Boat volume goes up 10 fold. The US Coast guard does send out 2 large boats and they keep all the boats away. It's pretty cool to be swimming and hear the coast guard boats fire up and you know they are making sure you are safe. I might try it one year on a Saturday but safety has to come first. Or so the insurance companies and my wife says ;)
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    @Moosie, damn, this is one of my "odd" years. I'll see ya in 2015. ;)

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• timsroottimsroot Spring, TXCharter Member
    @Moosie, I actually stumbled on the website for that swim late last year when I was looking for different events. It looked pretty cool. It's on my list for when I have the time/money for more swims again.
  • ssthomasssthomas DenverCharter Mem​ber
    I have family in Boise, too. Would LOVE an excuse to get up there, but I think this year and next are already too booked up. Keep doing it- I'd love to come out one year!
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited June 2014
    I've added @Moosie's fine-looking swim to the MSF U.S. Marathon Swim Calendar, along with a few others (including @SalishSea's Nanaimo Ocean Swim, yeah I know it's technically in Canada).

Let me know if I've missed anything.
  • MoosieMoosie Member
    @IronMike, Next year I'm switching from even years to odd years. Looks like you're out of luck again ;) (Kidding, I'll tell you what, If you come next year the swims on me. Shoot me a message and I'll make it happen. :) )

@ssthomas, Boise is a great destination. We have several swimmers with family here that make is a good excuse to come by, visit the Fam, and take a swim.

@evmo, thanks for the add to the calendar.
  • SalishSeaSalishSea Nanaimo, BC CanadaMember
    edited June 2014
    @evmo, Ya thanks for adding my race too!