Thermometer Query

SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
At the South End Rowing Club many of us swim year around and this time of year it is important for many to know time and water and water temperature as some experience symptoms of hypothermia. In the past we were able to get a high quality digital thermometer made by Honeywell XTE-5320...but it is no longer sold...looking for another source for one we can hang on the cigarette swim buoy at the opening of AP....Any ideas...sources, pictures?

Sharko

"I never met a shark I didn't like"

Comments

• SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest
    Thanks Niek

• I have 3 and they all read within 1 c of each other. That isn't good enough. I can trust none of them but settle on an average.
  • nvr2latenvr2late Central VirginiaCharter Member
    edited January 2013
    I bought a thermometer at Orvis, an outdoor outfitting store in the US, that is used by those who fish to check water temp - it reads in Celcius and Fahrenheit. It sells for $11:95.
    http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=1104
  • SharkoSharko Tomales BayGuest
    edited January 2013
    My watch is accurate to 1f high and it looks like the aquarium one on the Balclutha buoy is about 1f low so we can use an average...this thermometer need to hang full time in salt water off a cigarette buoy...maybe I will hang two as they are cheap. A little swim this am...not sure how to add photos though.

Hovey3A.jpg

Zm4UU9L.jpg