Cocoa Beach, Florida

IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
edited October 2012 in Locations & Networking
Any of you live in or near Cocoa Beach? If so, any OW swim locations you can tell me about?

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

Comments

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    I decided to just swim from the beach access point at my hotel. Damn is it beautiful here. More on my first day and a special "encounter" at my blog.
    6a00e55387f26c8833017ee49ba843970d-pi
    Openh2o

• jcmalickjcmalick Wilmington, DEMember
    I did a short loop (5K) when I was there in June on a cruise stop from Baltimore to the Bahamas...the guards were helpful in telling me distances and didn't care the least if I went out there and swam to my hearts content. I was surprised the water wasn't as clear as I had anticipated and I got that eerie feeling in the water swimming out there by myself when I was there...kind of spooked me out seeing a gang of pelicans floating on the surface as seagulls don't generally do that up in the north! But you're right, Cocoa is a beautiful place to swim! Enjoy your time down there!
  • IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member

Going back down to the Space Coast for work. Found a group on FB (Space Coast Open Water Swimmers) and will try to swim with them if work allows. Otherwise I'll be finding the nearest beach to my hotel and hopping in. Message me if you're in that area, and if you swim slow. ;)