Remove stickers from neoprene

angel55angel55 Granada (Spain)Member

Hi. I take part in a race in wich was necessary put stickers with the number on the neoprene. Anyone knows how to remove without damage the neoprene? Thank a lot.

Comments

• My understanding is that your should avoid petroleum based products on neoprene but oils like baby oil will not damage your suit. (You might want to check this on the web site of your suit manufacturer.) Baby oil is usually effective for removing "channel grease - lanolin, vaseline, zinc cream mix" from bodies and I believe it will dissolve substances like sticker glue. You could try putting baby oil on a small section of the sticker and leave it for a while to see if that helps dissolve the glue.

• angel55angel55 Granada (Spain)Member
    edited August 2022

@swimfreeordie said:
    My understanding is that your should avoid petroleum based products on neoprene but oils like baby oil will not damage your suit. (You might want to check this on the web site of your suit manufacturer.) Baby oil is usually effective for removing "channel grease - lanolin, vaseline, zinc cream mix" from bodies and I believe it will dissolve substances like sticker glue. You could try putting baby oil on a small section of the sticker and leave it for a while to see if that helps dissolve the glue.

Thank you very much. I'll try

• Nick_PNick_P PAMember

@angel55 I am surprised the organizer did not have an option
    My choice would be soap and water to be gentle with the expectation it is going to take a while.
    All the vest

• angel55angel55 Granada (Spain)Member

@Nick_P said:
    @angel55 I am surprised the organizer did not have an option
    My choice would be soap and water to be gentle with the expectation it is going to take a while.
    All the vest

Thank you. I think than they would give some towels but I didn't find them

• Nick_PNick_P PAMember

@angel55 How did it go?

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member

Goo Gone.