Bridges to bluffs — 2021

What a great day! Blaik Ogle and Jack McAfee put another great swim together this year.

A not terribly long fog delay, that was honestly a little eerie at its thickest, gave way to another gorgeous Tennessean day. Water was pleasantly cool, sun was bright and warm, and the vegetation was plentiful. ?

Every volunteer was fabulous, with a special shout-out to the NROTC kids from a local high school. They did a great job helping everyone out of the water with no slips or falls.

I first did this race two years ago, and loved the finisher award photos. I thought I’d get to get another view this year to add to my collection. But no! Blaik had a little treat up his sleeve.

Moonshine!

Congrats to all the swimmers and paddlers who had a fun day on the river. I even made a new OWS swim friend who lives near enough to me that we could work some looong swims out to do together.

Openh2oMLambydc_in_sfwendyv34j9swimdpm50

Comments

• jwhitlockfnpjwhitlockfnp Chattanooga, TNNew Member

What a great day! Super nice people and so organized. 10/10 will do again :)

Sara_Wolfdpm50
  • j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

LOVED this event, I forgot how much fun a 10k can be!!!! Really well run, dinner the night before on the boat and you get to see the course, lots of fun people, and Moonshine as a participation medal, can't beat that! I'll be back to swim this one again. Also there are a couple of sweet quarries near by for enjoyment pre or post event. Thanks @blaikogle and Jack for a good time!!

Openh2odpm50
  • @jwhitlockfnp @j9swim -- did you get the apple pie or orange treat?

• j9swimj9swim CharlestonSenior Member

apple pie!!! it was delicious!

Sara_Wolfdpm50
  • @j9swim said:
    apple pie!!! it was delicious!

I got orange, finished too far back from the front to have a choice...... it was pretty good. More like an aromatic than a flavor, though.

I once had blueberry infused vodka.................... soooooooooooooo good, too.

Openh2odpm50
  • jwhitlockfnpjwhitlockfnp Chattanooga, TNNew Member

Orange!!

dpm50
  • dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

Congrats, all!
    Another to put on my list! Just thinking TSA better not look too closely at my luggage going back lol!