So does only the CSA hate Jammers now?

dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member

Eight years ago we had a pretty fun discussion on Jammers vs Briefs .

At the time one of the issues with Jammers was that the CSA and NYCSwim both banned them, and some other folk were templating rules from those organizations so it was creating a knock on effect to ban jammers in other swims ( cough C3 cough ).

Since then the CSA still seems to have them prohibited, but NYCSwim has in effect been replaced by NYOW which advocates the MSF rules for swimsuits, which allows Jammers.

I no longer have a horse in this race (which is funny to say given how passionate I was on the earlier thread) since the aforementioned restrictions converted me to square leg suits (I still refuse to wear budgie smugglers), but just curious if CSA is the last holdout on the Jammers front?

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

Tagged:

Comments

• evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited August 2021

As far as I know - yes it's only CSA at this point.

• KatieBunKatieBun CornwallSenior Member
    edited August 2021

BLDSA don't allow them either. This is from the swim recognition forms.

Sleeveless shall mean the costume must not extend beyond the end of the shoulder onto the upper arm and legless shall mean the costume must not extend lower than the crotch onto the upper leg.

And the diagrams show square leg to be the longest allowed, so no jammers.

(Sorry, Evan.)

evmodc_in_sf
  • dc_in_sfdc_in_sf San FranciscoCharter Member

Well I guess it's good I remain converted to square legs, though not sure I'll ever be able to pull off a Daniel Craig in them :D

KatieBun

http://notdrowningswimming.com - open water adventures of a very ordinary swimmer

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member

I wore jammers in my 2001 CSA EC swim and the observer didn’t have any issues with them. I also wore one in my 1998 and 2004 MIMS swims. Not once did anyone object.

• dpm50dpm50 PA, U.S.Senior Member

I don't have a horse in this race either, except that fr a female point of view, there are guys (including my swim coaches) who wear briefs well.... and those who.... well, I personally give a pass to wear jammers. ;)

As a woman, I must admit I'm grateful for a sport in which the men are more scantily dressed. :)
    Just leaving this here.

miklcct