USMS Open Water Nationals - 2021

boobooabooboobooaboo Seattle, WA, United StatesNew Member
edited December 2020 in General Discussion

Does anyone have gouge on the Texas location for the long and sprint distance events? May 15-16, 2021. I plan on being there for both events! I live only 4 hour drive from the location.

Openh2odankeschoennn

Comments

• Openh2oOpenh2o Member
    edited December 2020

Look great!
    I wanna be there too.but i live only 16h........on plane from the location!
    All the best and happy holidays)

miklcct
  • EllisEllis Baltimore, MarylandMember

I haven't heard "gouge" used since my days at the Naval Academy. I don't know much about the Boerne area, but if you're looking for something small and challenging, think about the Tex Robertson Highland Lakes Challenge. Five Lakes in Five Days in the Austin area. Each swim is 3-4 miles, with only a hand-full of swimmers participating. I did all five in 2019 and loved every minute of it. You only need a kayaker for the first swim in Lake Buchanan.
    Enjoy.

IronMike
  • boobooabooboobooaboo Seattle, WA, United StatesNew Member

While I absolutely cannot read the blue swirly text, this looks awesome. I’m hoping I can swing it next year! Not sure if I’ll still be in Texas or not. Reasonable rates for 5 swims as well. Looks like a great event.

As for the term, “gouge,” I’m not navy...but I’m working on my pilot ratings and it’s a term we use around flying and getting info. I did try to go into the navy but they didn’t like my past shoulder surgeries.