Workshop on observing & documenting marathon swims - March 4 in SF
- Date: Sunday, March 4, 9am - noon
- Location: South End Rowing Club, San Francisco
- No charge, Open to the public
- Sanctioning orgs - purpose & processes
- Role of the observer
- Marathon swimming as team sport
- Timing and documenting swims
- The "art" of observing
- Monitoring swimmer health & safety
- Specific steps to get involved in observing Bay Area marathon swims (Tahoe, Monterey Bay, etc.)
Presenting these topics will be Scott Tapley and Kim Rutherford (representing MBSA), Dave Van Mouwerik and myself (representing SBCSA), and Tom Linthicum.
Hope to see a few Forum members next weekend.