Sabrina Wiedmer: Northern Ireland - Isle of Man

MvGMvG MauritiusCharter Member
edited September 2017 in Cheering Section

Hi all!

As I write this, Sabrina Wiedmer, cold water marathon swimmer extraordinaire with antifreeze for blood, is undertaking a mindboggling attempt to be the first person to swim the appr. 57 kms (!!) between Northern Ireland (Ardglass) and the Isle of Man.

Here's her tracker page: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=01Mq3y6zzI4XQaCZEPLC7QRue91Z3kQiP

Mind you, that's very close to the North Channel, so cold, jellyfish, .... And she is already halfway, and to tell by the trackershe's keeping up a nice steady speed, very regular intervals between blips.

I can't believe the incredible attempts we're seeing this Summer: Sarah, Chloe, now Sabrina, wow!

thelittlemerwookieJustSwimevmoStephenpavlicovphodgeszohoIronMike

Comments

• MvGMvG MauritiusCharter Member

From Fb: Sabrina had to give up halfway due to a shoulder injury. :-(

Anyway, a truly exciting attempt. I hope she'll be back to give it another try.

SoloIronMike
  • evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
    edited September 2017

Now that's a big ole burly ocean swim. Love it! I've been wondering after the relay earlier this year when someone would have a go at the solo.

Next time I'll donate a track.rs page!

thelittlemerwookieIronMike
  • ...on top of Caroline Block incredible 2way NC attempt. Very cool it's the ladies redefining these boundaries :)

SolopavlicovJSwimphodgeszohodpm50
  • Great swim! Being originally from Liverpool I know those waters... Como sounds more comforting!

• MvGMvG MauritiusCharter Member

Stephen said:
    ...on top of Caroline Block incredible 2way NC attempt. Very cool it's the ladies redefining these boundaries :)

True, I forgot to mention Caroline's attempt, sorry. In awe of all of them.

ForeverSwim