Perils of Lap Swimming!

1235»

Comments

• marysingermarysinger Vashon, WANew Member
    edited May 2023

Interesting - I am your neighbor in the PNW (born and raised swimming) and I always swim counter-clockwise. I didn't know I was doing it backwards!

EDIT: just re-read and see that I am swimming correctly! Phew. (Still didn't know this was a regional thing. :))

• smithsmith Huntsville, AlabamaSenior Member
    edited May 2023

During this morning's workout at a local YMCA, I was in the middle of a long set. I decided to take a short break. I had no idea what I was in for. I was in lane 2. There were 2 women on each side of me, in lanes 1 & 3. They were in a conversation, and didn't care at all that I was directly between each of them.

Here's how it went.

Woman In Lane 3: "The problem I have is that I have a big butt, so my butt sometimes comes out of my suit."
    Woman In Lane 1: "Well, I don't have a big butt, but my butt will come out of my suit sometimes, too."

I slowly put my head underwater, trying not to bust out laughing. I must say, however, I do appreciate their...uh...openness in front a complete stranger. LOL.

Openh2oevmocurly

Keep moving forward.

• LakeBaggerLakeBagger Central OregonSenior Member

PSA: the swimmer in front of you at masters practice wants you to go at least five seconds behind her, unless otherwise explicitly stated…

I had a masters teammate who would pee on men while swimming (for some reason it was always men) who refused to follow this simple rule of etiquette :wink:

• curlycurly Issaquah, WASenior Member

I swam next to a mermaid today and learned a few things. First of all, when mermaids swim a length underwater, they can move pretty quick. You also really feel the water pulsing as they go by. Second, I didn't know that when they remove their tail, they are wearing a really cute bikini which then causes such distraction that you lose count of what lap you are on. So I guess the moral of the story is to be careful if any mermaids show up in your pool.

Note: I think this mermaid was a professional mermaid. She mentioned something about staying in shape during the off-season. (I never knew mermaids even had a season.) So today was quite an educational day.

Openh2o