Did Kramer swim in the East River or the Hudson?

evmoevmo SydneyAdmin
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Kramer swam the Hudson without NYC Swims approval. In a wetsuit! Wikipedia says East River, but Tom's Diner and Seinfeld are upper west side. Why would he go cross town to swim? Maybe we need a new thread?
Gotta say, the footage looks like East River to me! Bonus points for identifying which pier he's standing on when Elaine's boyfriend confronts him...

Tagged:

Comments

• GarbageBargeGarbageBarge NY (Hudson Valley)Mem​ber
    East River it is. The pier is Hollywood sound stage, but would have to be South St. Seaport. But still, you're on the upper west side. Toms Diner is your diner so 110 or 116 St is your subway. You're gonna transfer at 96 st to the 2-3 express and then schlepp to the seaport, put on your suit, fins, paddle gloves, etc. leave your wallet and clothes where? And then get back up town when you coulda just walked a block west and put in from riverside park in the cleaner Hudson? Gotta throw a flag on that one. East River funk is funnier though. Well done, evmo. I'll totally save you a beer while I wait for you to finish the kingdom swim. I kid!
  • malinakamalinaka Seattle, WACharter Member
    I don't know how I've not seen this clip until now, but it 100% percent reflects every bit of training I've ever done in NYC. Except when with CIBBOWS, of course. (And that one sweet, sweet day when I schmoozed my way into 3 free hours of private lane time at Flushing Meadows. That was bliss...)

I don't wear a wetsuit; it gives the ocean a sporting chance.