Diana Nyad Swim Becomes Theater Play - Seriously?

bobswimsbobswims Santa Barbara CACharter Member
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
The theater of the absurd climbs to new heights. Marathon swimmer recreates epic journey onstage.

LH4VC5FGZMMR.jpg

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-the-field/Diana-Nyad-Swim-Becomes-Theater-Play.html
Tagged:

Comments

• bruckbruck San FranciscoMember
    But will the audience stick around through the seven hour intermission?
    KellieloneswimmerslknightgregocflystormsJBirrrdSpacemanspifflakesprayDanSimonellimjstaples
  • david_barradavid_barra NYCharter Member
    UC6G4GMPLBP4.jpg
    Co-starring
    evmomjstaples

...anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member
    Who would by a ticket to this thing?
  • ScottZornigScottZornig Charter Member
    My two favorite lines in the article....

"The feat took her 53 hours with the help of a support team." Yes, they illegally fed her, illegally changed her suit for her, Illegally drug a streamer in front if her, and probably illegally allowed her to rest on the boat for 7 hours.

"She even fake-swims onstage." Yes, just like she fake-swam the Cuba/Key West channel
    ksmithJBirrrd
    swimmer25k wrote: »

A few hits of Peruvian north slope, and I'd attend this over the pink Floyd laser show.
    evmognome4766SydneDlakespray

• swimmer25kswimmer25k Charter Member

A few hits of Peruvian north slope, and I'd attend this over the pink Floyd laser show.

That's a bold statement. The Floyd laser show I saw in 1984 was pretty damned awesome, but then again it's very difficult not to rubberneck a train-wreck such as this. Any reviews on her singing prowess?

I smell a Tony award.
    All I remember of the pink Floyd laser show is waking up in Central Park the next morning. #bigapplecamping
    swimmer25k

• IronMikeIronMike Northern VirginiaCharter Member
    Oh sweet Jesus.
    Lynne

We're all just carbon, water, starlight, oxygen and dreams

• JBirrrdJBirrrd MarylandSenior Member
    I seriously just checked the date on my phone. Nope. Not the first of April yet.
  • lakespraylakespray Senior Member
    edited February 2015

David, Why would you waste perfectly good Peruvian north slope on anything Nyad related? FYI - These Pink Floyd tribute bands like Aussie Pink Floyd and UK Pink Floyd are really really good, but maybe that's the Peruvian north slope talking. ;-)

Check out my friend and neighbor Machan Taylor knocking one outta the ball park... somewhere in Italy.
    lakesprayAnthonyMcCarley

This discussion has been closed.